Monday, December 5, 2011

Digital Video for learning purposes

As a whole, it involves the full impact of multimedia with audio and images most the time. Digital video can involve communication of the presentation which incorporated an analysis and reflection of a task. I used Windows Movie Maker to analyse my personal learning reflections about The Arts;
 Upload Failed.......
Another negative that I have just discovered is the upload time for a video. TOO LONG...in the end I cancelled my attempt of uploading my video. I will try this again when I am using the Universities Network Server to see if it is any quicker.

2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th attempts and more....After an seeming endless amount of attempts to upload this video which included searching online for variable options of reducing file size without an additional cost. I have come to the conclusion that most of the free online personal websites available will not allow files with a size of 30.3mb be uploaded without paying for it. Unfortunately, I have ran out of ideas for uploading my wmv and sharing with the my viewers.
Any IT guru's advice would be appreciated at this stage. But Wait...101 attempts and.....


IT WORKS....YEH!!!
Now that it works......I hope you all enjoy.

PLUS
MINUS
INTERESTS
All learning styles.
Contemporary.
Engaging.
Recalling learning.
Explanations (specific subject technical language use).
Identify areas that need improving or re-editing.
Huge variable range of sources can be uploaded; for example, youtube, documentaries, news, etc.
Instant capture of that time.
Limited resources; video cameras, access to PC, etc.
Stealing of equipment.
High costs.
Potential damage.
Editing.
Accidental deletion of recording files to be used.
Large file sizes.
Large uploads.
Broad variety of educational purposes can be incorporated, for example; recording and editing progressive learning stages, global access to real world events outside the classroom.

 Overall, using video, ticks all the right boxes for the multiple intelligences and learning styles, however, it is a very costly and time consuming tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment